Monday, February 23, 2009

February 23: Flat Stanley arrives in Cambridge

Dear Andrew,

I arrived safely in Cambridge, but when I got out of the envelope, a giant cat tried to eat me! Yikes!


Once we got that straightened out, Jonathan and Abbie showed me the great view from their 15th floor apartment. Look at that sunset!


Abbie helped me set up this blog, so that I can keep in touch with you while I am here. But don't worry, she says she will also print everything out and send it to your class, so that you can see my adventures from offline! Do you know what a blog is? I didn't know before she told me. Blog is short for "weblog" and it is similar to a personal online diary.

We put some of Abbie's favorite songs from Boston on here so that you can listen to them. "Sweet Caroline", "Dirty Water" and "Johnny B. Goode" are often played at Boston Red Sox baseball games. Sadly, baseball season hasn't begun yet, so I won't be able to go to a game while I am here. The other song is called "Where Everybody Knows Your Name" and it was the theme song from Cheers, a TV show that aired in the '80s and took place in Boston.

Tomorrow they have promised me a tour of MIT's campus. I can't wait to see it! I also might get to sit in on a class - I hope I am smart enough to understand what the professor is saying!

Sincerely,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Abbie, your website is way above awesome! Thank you for showing Flat Stanley around. Love, Andrew

Anonymous said...

You should get a coat, Stanley. It's pretty cold these days in Beantown.

~Amy

P.S. I know a great paper doll you should meet. Her name is Sufako. ;)

Unknown said...

Flat Stanley is soooo cute! He should be on Youtube.

Anonymous said...

Our class thinks this blog is magnificent! We had fun reading it. Thank you for helping us with our Media project. From Mrs. Kudrav and Mrs. Hasson's class